Chicken artichoke lemon soup - a bowl of this hearty, nourishing chicken soup, full of tangy, lemony flavor, and fresh herbs is all you need on a cold, rainy day. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Servings: 6
2 Tbs olive oil
1 can artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 red bell pepper
6 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
2 cups chicken thigh meat, cut into cubes (pre-cooked can be used too)
6 cups chicken stock
1/4 cup medium grain rice
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 egg yolks
1-2 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
- Chop the onion, carrot and bell pepper into bite-size pieces, and saute in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Drain and chop the artichokes then add to the rest of the veggies.
- Add the chicken meat, the chicken stock and parsley, sliced garlic, season with black pepper and salt, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir, and continue to cook until the rice is soft (20 more minutes). Taste the chicken and veggies and if done, remove from the heat. Let the soup cool down slightly before proceeding to the next step.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, and lemon juice. Add a little of the warm soup to temper the eggs and whisk quickly, then pour the egg yolk and lemon mixture back to the soup pot. Slowly warm up, but do not let it boil. Add the fresh chopped basil, and more lemon if needed. Taste for salt, and pepper and serve with a good crusty bread.
|Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get weekly access to your peace of mind! www.drmaiysha.com|
|What's Your Wellness Score? Take your free assessment and discover your wellness blueprint for stress free living today!|