This recipe makes a balanced meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner; just try adding your favorite whole grain (gluten-free or gluten-containing such as a baguette). Not a bread fan? Try creamy polenta, corn tortillas or quinoa (all are gluten-free!). If you prefer more vegetables, add some fresh spinach or arugula! Want more protein? Enjoy!!
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ medium onion diced
1 bulb fennel chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 teaspoon smoked paprika ground
1 ½ teaspoons cumin ground
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes no salt added preferred
6 large eggs
2 ounces goat cheese crumbled or sliced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a 10″ (or larger) cast iron skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Saute the onions and and fennel cook until softening, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and spices and cook for an additional minute to make aromatic.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cook until the liquid thickens, up to 10 minutes. Crack the eggs over the pan and distribute evenly over the pan (can do 5 eggs around the edge and 1 egg in the middle).
- Sprinkle the goat cheese and rosemary on top. Slowly transfer the dish to the oven. Bake for up to 10 minutes or until the middle of the eggs are set.
Tip: Check at the 5 minute mark if you prefer runny eggs. For harder, cooked eggs cook a little longer than 10 minutes.
- Top with additional fresh rosemary or other herbs.
|Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get weekly access to your peace of mind! www.drmaiysha.com|
|What's Your Wellness Score? Take your free assessment and discover your wellness blueprint for stress free living today!|