Dairy free, gluten free, Paleo, and vegetarian, this colorful, nutrient-rich meal is perfect for using up your supply of farmer’s market veggies. Plunk a variety of roasted summer veggies in a bowl with some rice (be it actual rice, sweet potato rice, broccoli rice, etc), some form of protein, and sauce, and I’m all doe-eyed and hearts and flowers. Make it colorful, and I’m swooning! For me, these bowls are the perfect swoon-worthy meal. Enjoy!!
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 45 min
[For the Carrot Top Pesto]
1 bunch carrot tops (about 1½ cups chopped)
1 cup fresh basil
2/3 cup raw walnuts
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast see note*
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
¾ teaspoon sea salt
2/3 cup olive oil see note**
*Use 1 cup parmesan cheese for an un-paleo version
**Use 1/3 to 2/3 cup olive oil, depending on desired pesto sauce consistency
If you aren't sensitive to garlic, add 1 to 2 cloves raw or roasted garlic to the pesto.
[For the Roasted Vegetable Forbidden Rice Bowls]
1 large zucchini squash chopped
1 large patty pan squash chopped
1 bunch heirloom carrots tops removed
1 large sweet potato chopped
3 to 4 cups cooked forbidden rice
1½ cups heirloom cherry tomatoes
2 ounces microgreens
4 to 8 large eggs, soft or hard boiled
- Add pesto ingredients minus the oil to a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Leaving the food processor on, slowly stream the olive oil through the opening of the top. Taste pesto for flavor and add more sea salt and/or cider vinegar to taste. Transfer to a sealable container or jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 415° F.
- Spread the chopped zucchini, patty pan squash, heirloom carrots, and sweet potato over 2 large baking sheets. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Use your hands to toss everything together so that the vegetables are coated with oil. Roast for 25 to 35 minutes, until vegetables reach desired doneness, giving the vegetables a stir or shake halfway through roasting.
- Divide the rice between 3 or 4 large bowls. Top with roasted vegetables, cherry tomatoes, microgreens, and hard or soft boiled eggs. Drizzle with desired amount of carrot top pesto, and serve!
|Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get weekly access to your peace of mind! www.drmaiysha.com|
If You Feel Like You ....
- Are drowning in the day-to-day stress?
Call now to schedule your FREE breakthrough session (a $300 value)! 404-478-9868
|What's Your Wellness Score? Take your free assessment and discover your wellness blueprint for stress free living today!|