This spicy quinoa bowl with roasted pumpkin is filling, nutritious and delicious! As an added bonus, it's gluten free and vegan! Enjoy!!
Yield: 2-4 servings
[The Best Roasted Pumpkin]
1 whole pumpkin (sugar pumpkins work great)
5 tbs coconut oil
2 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 tsp coconut sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup quinoa, uncooked (+2 cups water)
1/2 tsp cumin seed
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 handful torn fresh mixed greens
1/4 cup sriracha
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds (set aside seeds to roast later), and then slice pumpkin into wedges.
- In a small bowl combine oil, vinegar, sugar, ginger, turmeric and salt. Whisk well.
- Place your pumpkin wedges onto a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Drizzle wedges with 1/4 cup of dressing. Reserve the rest for later.
- Roast pumpkin wedges for 30 minutes or until the edges are beginning to brown and the pumpkin is fork-tender.
- Remove pumpkin from the oven and let cool while you prepare the quinoa.
- In a medium saucepan on high heat add quinoa and spices. Let toast for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, cover, reduce to simmer for 15 minutes, (or according to package directions).
- When all water is absorbed, turn off heat and let sit covered while your prepare your roasted pumpkin.
- When your pumpkin wedges are cool enough to handle, gently peel off the skin, and chop roasted pumpkin into cubes for your quinoa bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together sriracha and coconut oil. Set aside.
- When ready to serve, to a bowl add a healthy portion of quinoa, top with roasted pumpkin cubes, sprinkle with greens, and drizzle with your sriracha sauce.
|Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get weekly access to your peace of mind! www.drmaiysha.com|
|.What's Your Wellness Score? Take your free assessment and discover your wellness blueprint for stress free living today!|