Need a quick and simple dinner you can make in one pan? You’re in luck because this vegan peanut curry with chickpeas and sweet potato is exactly that! Enjoy!!
Prep Time: 10 Min | Cook Time: 20 Min | Total Time: 30 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium sweet potato
1/3 cup chopped onion (~1/4 large onion)
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
1 (15 oz.) can lite coconut milk
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon red curry paste (see Tip below)
½ tablespoon ginger paste or fresh grated ginger
½ bunch lacinato kale leaves, stems removed, chopped
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Tip: Not all curry pastes are vegan so make sure to read the ingredient label as some contain fish sauce.
- Add the olive oil, onion, sweet potato, and bell pepper to a pan. Sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas, coconut mil, peanut butter, sriracha, ginger, and curry paste. Bring to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until sweet potatoes start to soften.
- Stir in the kale and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and kale is wilted. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Serve over cooked rice or favorite grain. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
Serving Size: 1/5 recipe
Calories: 271 kcals | Sugar: 11 g | Sodium: 541 mg | Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 5.5 g | Unsaturated Fat: 8.5 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g | Fiber: 7 g | Protein: 7 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg
|Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get weekly access to your peace of mind! www.drmaiysha.com|
|What's Your Wellness Score? Take your free assessment and discover your wellness blueprint for stress free living today!|