Vegetarian Lentil Chili: A hearty meatless chili that will surely spice up your life and not leave you missing the meat. This dish is high in protein, fiber and taste. Enjoy!!
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion diced
3 cloves of garlic minced
½ cup dry red wine, optional
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 16 oz can diced tomatoes blended
1 16 oz can diced tomatoes not blended
2 cups water or vegetable broth
1 cup yellow lentils or any variety you prefer
2 cups beans canned or dried and cooked
Tip: The red wine is optional in this Gluten-Free Chili, but it adds a rich depth of flavor. If you omit, replace vegetable stock.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and spices. Saute until onion is softened.
- Deglaze pan with wine and allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and broth (or water). Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- At this point you can allow the broth to simmer for 1 hour to intensify in flavor, or you can add the lentils and beans and cook until lentils are tender--about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Alternatively--you can place all ingredients into the slow cooker and cook for 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
|Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get weekly access to your peace of mind! www.drmaiysha.com|
|What's Your Wellness Score? Take your free assessment and discover your wellness blueprint for stress free living today!|