This Skinny Zoodle Alfredo, made without butter or cream or even flour, can be made in approximately 10 minutes, which makes it an ideal food on the go – quick, healthy and delicious! January is a good month for cutting back on calories and eating more of what’s good for us, such as vegetables, so the spiralizer had to come out of the cupboard! Enjoy!!
Prep time: 7 min | Cook Time: 3 min | Total Time: 10 min
1 large zucchini, spiralized
60 ml semi-skimmed milk
2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
1 large egg yolk
2-3 tablespoons coarsely grated Parmesan
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Serve with crispy, lightly fried slices of garlic
- Whisk together the milk, ricotta and egg yolk. Set aside.
- Crisp up the garlic in a little oil, transfer to a small plate and set aside.
- In a skillet/small frying pan slowly heat up the sauce mixture stirring with a whisk until hot but do NOT let it boil as the sauce might curdle. Remove from the heat, stir in the Parmesan and season to taste.
- Pour boiling water over the zoodles (enough to just cover them) and soak for about 30 seconds (just to heat them up). Drain well (you may want to place the zoodles briefly on some paper towels to remove any excess moisture).
- Add the zoodles to the sauce, stir, adjust the seasoning as necessary, scatter the garlic on top and serve!
|Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get weekly access to your peace of mind! www.drmaiysha.com|
|What's Your Wellness Score? Take your free assessment and discover your wellness blueprint for stress free living today!|