In this recipe the sauce is BBQ sauce and it is so good that you’ll be tempted to have a spoon on the ready for intermittent tastings. Some of the veggies are pre-cooked so that your first bite will have your eyes rolling back in your head with pleasure. Some veggies are fresh to add that extra little crispness and texture. Everything combined adds up to a pizza with a 5 star rating. Enjoy!!
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 50 min
Servings: 8 slices
[For the BBQ Sauce]
2/3 cup ketchup
¼ cup light brown sugar packed
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
[For the Pizza Toppings]
¼ cup onion white, sliced
¼ cup zucchini julienne
8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms sliced and sauteed
¼ cup potato grated and placed in ice water so it doesn't turn brown
1 teaspoons ginger root freshly grated
½ cup cauliflower cut into florets and roasted
[For the Pizza Dough]
1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1¼ cup water
¼ cup warm water for the yeast
1 packet yeast
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1½ teaspoon sea salt
- Start with the sauce! In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Cook, uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Pizza Dough: You may use any of your favorite pizza dough recipe or a pre-made pizza dough. You can make it as thin or thick as you like.
- For the Toppings: Slice onions, julienne zucchini, grate ginger root.
- Have a small bowl of ice water sitting but your work space. Grate the potato and pace in the ice water immediately. This keeps it bright white.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Stir and bake 5 more minutes. Remove and cool.
- Melt 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and add the sliced mushrooms. Saute for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Place dough in the center of the pizza pan. Push out with your fingers to the size that you like. You can go all the way to the edge for a thin crispy pizza or keep it smaller for a thicker pizza.
- Spread the BBQ sauce all over the dough.
- Squeeze out the grated potato and pat dry. Sprinkle all around the top of the pizza.
- Sprinkle around the remaining toppings, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, cauliflower and ginger.
- Bake at 425°F for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Slice into eighths.
|Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get weekly access to your peace of mind! www.drmaiysha.com|
If You Feel Like You ....
- Are drowning in the day-to-day stress?
Call now to schedule your FREE breakthrough session (a $300 value)! 404-478-9868
|What's Your Wellness Score? Take your free assessment and discover your wellness blueprint for stress free living today!|